About CIC – Committees and Work Groups
CIC Committees and Work Groups consist of immunization advocates like healthcare professionals, community members, teachers, and parents. Committees, under the guidance of voluntary Chairs, work collaboratively to identify key projects and activities. CIC Committees and Work Groups promote awareness about immunizations and vaccine-preventable diseases and help CIC accomplish its strategic goals and objectives.
No matter your interests or availability, CIC has something for you. New members are always welcome. Help make a difference in your community and in California by joining one today. Most Committees meet via toll-free conference calls once a month. – Take a look at our new CIC Committee Flyer.
To learn more about each Committee, scroll down:
- Advocacy Committee
- Communications Committee
- Education Committee
- Emerging Issues Committee
- Health Disparities Work Group
- Registry Committee
The Advocacy Committee supports legislative and policy efforts to promote immunizations. The committee’s goals are to:
- Track relevant issues, legislation, and/or regulations
- Identify opportunities for advocacy
- Increase local immunization coalitions’ capacity to be advocates
The Advocacy Committee meets the second Thursday of each month from 8:30 to 9:30 am.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Advocacy Committee, contact Advocacy Chair, Kat DeBurgh – [email protected]
The Communications Committee’s goal is to support local immunization coalitions and help them implement strategic outreach and immunization promotion efforts. The committee’s goals are to:
- Develop and publish the Vaccine Booster, CIC’s bimonthly e-newsletter
- Provide oversight to CIC communications, marketing plans, and materials
- Partner with national, statewide, and local campaigns and observances
The Communications Committee meets the fourth Thursday of each month from 11:00 to noon
The Education Committee strengthens and supports local immunization coalitions’ capacity to prevent vaccine-preventable diseases in their local communities. The committee’s goals are to:
- Coordinate the Education Hour, CIC’s webinars on local and current vaccine issues
- Conducting needs assessments and identifying target areas for programs
- Developing and oversee technical assistance strategies
The Education Committee meets the third Thursday of each month from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
Emerging Issues Committee
The Emerging Issues Committee identifies and analyzes emerging issues important to and/or unique to immunizations. The committee’s goals are to:
- Work with stakeholders, public health departments and local coalitions
- Build relationships with relevant organizations
- Develop community interventions to increase immunization coverage rates
The Emerging Issues Committee meets on the first Thursday of the month from 12 noon to 1:00 pm.If you are interested in becoming a member of the Emerging Issues Committee, contact Emerging Issues Co-Chairs Pia Pannaraj, MD or Jasjit Singh at [email protected].
Health Disparities Work Group
The Health Disparities Work Group promotes evidence-based strategies to close gaps in immunization rates and to reduce health disparities. The committee’s goals are to:
- Partner with various organizations to raise awareness about ethnic disparities
- Identify speakers and technical experts to meet local coalitions’ needs
- Design and test culturally-appropriate messages
The Health Disparities Work Group meets on an as-needed basis and hosts meetings with the Education Committee. If you are interested in joining the Health Disparities Work Group contact Julia Heinzerling at (213) 351-7479 or [email protected].
The Registry Committee develops strategies to promote the use of the California Immunization Registry (CAIR). The committee’s goals are to:
- Build relationships with stakeholders, public health departments, and local coalitions
- Identify opportunities for advocacy
- Provide articles and current information for CIC communications
The Registry Committee meets the fourth Tuesday of each month from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
If you are interested in joining the Registry Committee, contact Registry Committee Chair Amy Pine at [email protected]