About CIC – Committees and Work Groups
CIC Committees and Work Groups consist of immunization advocates like healthcare professionals, community members, teachers, and parents. Committees, under the guidance of voluntary Chairs, work collaboratively to identify key projects and activities. CIC Committees and Work Groups promote awareness about immunizations and vaccine-preventable diseases and help CIC accomplish its strategic goals and objectives.
No matter your interests or availability, CIC has something for you. New members are always welcome. Help make a difference in your community and in California by joining one today. Most Committees meet via toll-free conference calls once a month. – Take a look at our new CIC Committee Flyer.
To learn more about each Committee, scroll down:
- Advocacy Committee
- Communications Committee
- Education Committee
- Emerging Issues Committee
- Health Disparities Work Group
- Registry Committee
The Advocacy Committee supports efforts to promote immunizations by working with the California legislature. The committee’s goals are to:
- Track relevant legislation/regulations that affect immunization
- Identify issues for advocacy and coordinate development of an annual white paper
- Develop plan to increase local coalition’s capacity to be advocates
- Develop a statewide system for media advocacy
The Advocacy Committee meets the second Thursday of each month from 8:30 to 9:30 am.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Advocacy Committee, contact Advocacy Chair, Kat DeBurgh – [email protected]
The Communications Committee’s goal is to support local immunization coalitions and help them implement strategic outreach and media efforts to reduce the number of vaccine-preventable diseases by:
- Developing the bi-monthly Vaccine Booster e-newsletter
- Providing oversight to CIC media and marketing plans and materials
- Monitoring CIC website content
- Coordinating the submission of articles for website and newsletter
- Coordinating statewide campaigns and observances
The Communications Committee meets the fourth Thursday of each month from 11:00 to noon
The Education Committee strengthens local immunization coalitions’ capacity to implement collaborative efforts to prevent vaccine-preventable diseases in their local communities by:
- Coordinating Education Hour, a quarterly toll-free technical assistance program
- Conducting needs assessments for support of local coalitions and identifying target areas for programs
- Developing and overseeing technical assistance for strengthening coalitions capacity
The Education Committee meets the third Thursday of each month from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
Emerging Issues Committee
The Emerging Issues Committee supports efforts to promote immunizations by working with local coalitions. The committee’s goals are to:
- Identify emerging issues important and/or unique to childhood, adolescent, or adult immunizations
- Build relationships with organizations relevant to immunizations
- Work with local coalitions to develop community interventions to increase immunization coverage rates
The Emerging Issues Committee meets on the first Thursday of the month from 12 noon to 1:00 pm.If you are interested in becoming a member of the Emerging Issues Committee, contact Emerging Issues Co-Chairs Pia Pannaraj, MD or Jasjit Singh via [email protected]
Health Disparities Work Group
The Health Disparities Work Group is engaged in a diverse range of consumer and provider activities to increase awareness about health disparities. The Work Group partners with a variety of organization to raise awareness about ethnic disparities and to promote evidence-based strategies to close gaps in immunization rates.Work Group activities include:
- Providing articles for CIC’s newsletter
- Identifying speakers and technical assistance to meet local coalitions’ needs
- Designing and testing culturally-appropriate messages
The Health Disparities Work Group meets on an as needed basis and hosts meetings with the Education Committee. If you are interested in joining the Health Disparities Work Group contact Julia Heinzerling at (213) 351-7479 or [email protected].
The Registry Committee’s goal is to assist CIC develop strategies towards achieving and maintaining full immunization protection for all Californians by working with the California Immunization Registry (CAIR).
The Registry Committee meets the fourth Tuesday of each month from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
If you are interested in joining the Registry Committee, contact Registry Committee Chair Amy Pine – [email protected]