California Immunization Coalition Summit
Save the Date – May 4-5, 2014 – Sacramento, CA
The 2014 California Immunization Coalition Summit: Harnessing the Power of Community will take place in Sacramento California on May 4-5, 2014. The 2014 Summit will highlight projects and people that are working with their communities on innovative and creative new ways to communicate about and promote immunizations.
- Programs and interventions developed by local organizations to effectively reach a range of communities
- Adapt and apply key lessons from successful programs to the local community
- Influence key players in community, organization, or political arenas to support, engage and participate in vaccine promotion activities
Physicians (primarily family practice, internal medicine, pediatrics, adolescent medicine, gerontology, preventive medicine, and obstetrics and gynecology), nurses, pharmacists, administrators, educators, immunization stakeholders, advocates, and other providers from public and private sector health organizations interested in learning more about immunization recommendations, practices and resources.
Registration Fees good until May 2, 2014 Sunday and Monday – $130.00
Monday only – $115.00
CME/CEU – $20.00
Registration includes Summit materials for both days, breakfast and lunch on Monday. No refunds available for workshop portion of fee/no partial refunds. Cancellations made prior to February 15, 2014 will be refunded, but will be charged a 10% processing fee. REFUNDS WILL NOT BE MADE AFTER THE POSTED DATE OR FOR NO-SHOWS. Cancellations must be made in writing by letter, fax or email to (no phone calls will be accepted). Please allow four to six weeks after the conference for the refund to be provided. In lieu of cancelling you may transfer your registration to another person without penalty.
DRAFT agenda as of 3-31-14 - subject to change
Sunday Workshop – 2:30pm -5pm – 2.5 CME / 3.0 CEU
Monday 8am – 5pm – 6.0 CME / 7.5 CEU
HOTEL and LOCATION of SUMMIT
Embassy Suites – Sacramento, CA 100 Capitol Mall $95/night There are 3 ways to make reservations:
- Go to www.sacramento.embassysuites.com and make a reservation using the group/convention code: CIC
- Call 1-800-498-5237 and ask for the CIC-CA IMMUNIZATION COALITION discount rate.
JOINT SPONSOR PAC/LAC
- For Physicians: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Institute for Medical Quality and the California Medical Association’s CME Accreditation Standards (IMQ/CMA) through the Joint Sponsorship of the Perinatal Advisory Council: Leadership, Advocacy and Consultation (PAC/LAC) and California Immunization Coalition. PAC/LAC is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing education for physicians. PAC/LAC takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME activity. PAC/LAC designates this education activity for a maximum of 8.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This credit may also be applied to the CMA Certification in Continuing Medical Education.
- For Nurses: The Perinatal Advisory Council – Leadership, Advocacy and Consultation (PAC/LAC) is an approved provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing Provider CEP 5862. This course is approved for 10.5 contact hours of continuing education credit.
PAST SUMMIT THEMES:
Strengthening Trust in Vaccines Emerging Issues and New Directions
Reaching New Audiences: Tweens and Teens
Expanding Our Horizons, Embracing Our Future
It’s Not Magic, It’s Immunizations!
Shots are Scary, Right? Addressing People’s Fears About Vaccines
Eliminating Health Disparities in Immunization Coverage for California