Get Ready for the 2018 CIC Summit!
April 16-17, 2018
Please join the California Immunization Coalition at our 2018 Summit to be held at the new Kimpton Sawyer Hotel in Sacramento, California. The theme of this year’s Summit is Onward and Upward and will focus on utilizing our public health successes to engage with new partners, grow our Coalition network and educate and support our communities. For over ten years now, the CIC Summit has brought together partners and colleagues from throughout California and beyond to share ideas, highlight successes, and identify partnerships. Mark your calendar, make your travel plans, and register today to be part of the great work we do to move onward and upward toward improved immunization rates for all Californians.
Summit Objectives Include:
- Provide support and technical assistance to enhance existing education, communication, and outreach efforts
- Facilitate the sharing of successful strategies and best practices to strengthen local and statewide advocacy efforts
- Encourage the adoption of programs for healthcare providers to promote and deliver immunizations across the lifespan.
- Review new recommendations, issues and trends in immunizations and vaccine-preventable diseases.
Draft Summit Agenda
We will continue to update the agenda with speakers and workshop information as details are finalized.
The 2018 Summit will take place at the fabulous Kimpton Sawyer Hotel, located next to the new Golden 1 Center and adjacent K Street Mall which is home to numerous shops and restaurants.
CIC has negotiated a rate of $199 per night during our meeting dates. To reserve your room, use the following link: California Immunization Coalition and follow the additional instructions below:
- Click “Change Search” if you need to adjust dates, number of guests, etc. After adjusting, press blue Search Button.
- Click the blue arrow on the right of your preferred room type.
- You will see the “California Immunization Coalition” appear. Click the blue arrow again.
- Complete your reservation info and click “Book Reservation”.
You may also call in your reservation to 877-678-6255 and ask for the “B25” Group Rate.
For nomination forms and details, visit the Awards page on our CIC website.EXHIBITORSIf you would like to participate in the Summit as an Exhibitor, please contact Prabhjot Johnson at [email protected].
DETAILS FOR IMMUNIZATION COORDINATORS – Wednesday, April 18
Additional information and a separate agenda will be sent to you in mid January to help you plan for your attendance at the Immunization Coordinators conference. You will receive a special code to help you access the registration information you will need to attend the Summit and conference.
PAST SUMMIT INFORMATION:
Delivering on the Promise of Vaccines – 2017 Riverside, CA
Celebrating Healthier Tomorrows – 2016 Sacramento, CA
Ready, Set, Vaccinate! – 2015 Riverside, California
Harnessing the Power of Community – 2014 Sacramento, California
Reaching Immunization Equity – 2013 Los Angeles, California
Immunizations A Lifetime Connection – 2011 Los Angeles, California
Preparing For Tomorrow – Taking Action Today – 2010 Sacramento, California
Strengthening Trust in Vaccines Emerging Issues and New Directions
Reaching New Audiences: Tweens and Teens
Expanding Our Horizons, Embracing Our Future
It’s Not Magic, It’s Immunizations!
Shots are Scary, Right? Addressing People’s Fears About Vaccines
Eliminating Health Disparities in Immunization Coverage for California