2017 CIC Summit
April 3 – 4, 2017
The California Immunization Coalition summit will be returning to the Riverside Mission Inn for the 2017 conference which is set to take place on April 3 – 4, 2017. The planning committee is working hard to make this another great meeting so check back for updates!
- Programs and interventions that are tailored to reach specific populations (e.g., geography, age, race/ethnicity, risk, etc.)
- Development and implementation of effective tools, techniques and strategies to improve immunization rates and/or practices (e.g., training, education, operations, outreach, vaccine storage and handling, etc.)
- Projects that support state and local advocacy on vaccine issues, or improve skills in program planning, policy development, and crafting and/or achieving passage of legislation
- How registries or other IT systems can be utilized to increase immunization rates
- Innovative approaches used by local immunization coalitions or advocacy groups to engage partners and/or promote immunizations
- Creative methods using both social and traditional media to promote vaccination
- Clinical updates regarding vaccines and vaccine-preventable diseases
Objectives for the 2017 Summit:
- Adopt at least one practice-based or evidence-based strategy for improving immunization coverage levels
- Apply lessons from at least two immunization efforts to increase vaccination rates in California
- Integrate current immunization recommendations and emerging vaccine issues into their interventions and practices
- Utilize effective messages and communication media to increase immunization rates
- Promote collaboration among key stakeholders to facilitate immunizations across the lifespan.
Room reservations are to be made by each individual guest attending the event by Friday, March 3, 2017. Each attendee should contact the Hotel’s Room Reservations Department at 800-843-7755 or 951-784-0300, extension 850. Attendees must reference the California Immunization Coalition 2017 when making their reservation(s).
The Hotel will require a major credit card or check for one night’s deposit stay to guarantee each reservation. The first night’s deposit will be applied to each reservation. The advance deposit check must be received a minimum of thirty (30) business days prior to arrival. Individual reservations must be cancelled a minimum of forty-eight (48) hours in advance to avoid cancellation charges equal to one night’s stay.
PAST SUMMIT INFORMATION:
Celebrating Healthier Tomorrows – 2016 Sacramento, CA
Ready, Set, Vaccinate! – 2015 Riverside, California
Harnessing the Power of Community – 2014 Sacramento, California
Reaching Immunization Equity – 2013 Los Angeles, California
Immunizations A Lifetime Connection – 2011 Los Angeles, California
Preparing For Tomorrow – Taking Action Today – 2010 Sacramento, California
Strengthening Trust in Vaccines Emerging Issues and New Directions
Reaching New Audiences: Tweens and Teens
Expanding Our Horizons, Embracing Our Future
It’s Not Magic, It’s Immunizations!
Shots are Scary, Right? Addressing People’s Fears About Vaccines
Eliminating Health Disparities in Immunization Coverage for California