California Immunization Coalition Summit
2015 California Immunization Coalition Summit:
Ready, Set, Vaccinate!
Save the Date – April 26-27, 2015 – Riverside, California
- Adapt available tools and resources to a changing immunization landscape and emerging issues.
- Demonstrate how local programs can implement successful practices and models to promote immunizations across the lifespan.
- Effectively communicate to a variety of audiences to promote the safety and effectiveness of immunizations.
Draft Agenda as of 3-4-15 – Times subject to change.
Mission Inn – Riverside, CA
Registration includes Summit materials for Sunday and Monday, breakfast and lunch on Monday.
No refunds available for workshop portion of fee/no partial refunds. Cancellations made prior to February 15, 2015 will be refunded, but will be charged a 10% processing fee. REFUNDS WILL NOT BE MADE AFTER THE POSTED DATE OR FOR NO-SHOWS. Cancellations must be made in writing by letter, fax or email to (no phone calls will be accepted). Please allow four to six weeks after the conference for the refund to be provided. In lieu of cancelling you may transfer your registration to another person without penalty.
- ROOM RESERVATIONS:Contact the Hotel’s Room Reservations Department at 800-843-7755 or 951-784-0300, extension 850. Attendees must reference the California Immunization Coalition when making their reservation(s). The Hotel will require a major credit card or check for one night’s deposit stay to guarantee each reservation. Individual reservations must be cancelled a minimum of forty-eight (48) hours in advance to avoid cancellation charges equal to one night’s stay.
- ON LINE ROOM RESERVATIONS:Reserve your sleeping room(s) online at www.missioninn.com. On the main page, find and select the RESERVATIONS section at the top and select the GROUPS option on the top of this page. Then enter the Patron’s designated group code of IMMUNZ42015 and then log in. After logging in, select the dates of stay and continue with your reservation process. Online reservations are based on availability and are available on or before March 26, 2015.
NOTE: If you encounter any problems with your online reservation, please call the hotel directly.
We welcome you to submit a nomination for either the Natalie J. Smith, MD award or the Ronald P. Bangasser, MD award. The selected winners will be recognized at the Summit.
We will be applying for joint-providership through PAC-LAC to offer CME/CEU. The following has been approved pending review of final agenda:
- April 26: 2.5 CME and 3.0 CEU
- April 27: 6.5 CME and 7.5 CEU
For Nurses: The Perinatal Advisory Council – Leadership, Advocacy and Consultation (PAC/LAC) is an approved provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing Provider CEP 5862. This course is approved for x.x contact hours of continuing education credit.
For Physicians: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Institute for Medical Quality and the California Medical Association’s CME Accreditation Standards (IMQ/CMA) through the Joint Sponsorship of the Perinatal Advisory Council: Leadership, Advocacy and Consultation (PAC/LAC) and California Immunization Coalition. PAC/LAC is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing education for physicians. PAC/LAC takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME activity. PAC/LAC designates this education activity for a maximum of x.x AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This credit may also be applied to the CMA Certification in Continuing Medical Education.
For LCSW or MFT: The Perinatal Advisory Council – Leadership, Advocacy and Consultation (PAC/LAC) is an approved provider by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences Provider PCE 5563. The course meets the qualifications for 2.5 hours of continuing education credit for LCSWs and MFTs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences on 26 April and 6.5 hours of continuing education credit for LCSWs and MFTs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences on 27 April.
PAST SUMMIT THEMES:
Strengthening Trust in Vaccines Emerging Issues and New Directions
Reaching New Audiences: Tweens and Teens
Expanding Our Horizons, Embracing Our Future
It’s Not Magic, It’s Immunizations!
Shots are Scary, Right? Addressing People’s Fears About Vaccines
Eliminating Health Disparities in Immunization Coverage for California