Please Join Us for the 2019 California Immunization Coalition Summit!
Today’s Vision, Tomorrow’s Reality
April 8 – 9*, 2019 in Riverside, CA
The California Immunization Coalition will be holding the 2019 Summit at the Mission Inn in Riverside, California. The theme of the 2019 Summit is Today’s Vision, Tomorrow’s Reality and will focus on utilizing our public health successes to engage with new partners, grow our Coalition network and educate and support our communities to make our collective vision for immunizations a reality for all Californians. For over twelve years, the CIC Summit has brought together partners and colleagues from throughout California and beyond to share ideas, highlight successes, and identify partnerships.
- Provide support and technical assistance to enhance existing education, communication, and outreach efforts
- Share successful strategies and best practices to strengthen local and statewide advocacy efforts
- Review new recommendations, issues and trends in immunizations and vaccine-preventable diseases
- Disseminate innovative approaches to promote and deliver immunizations across the lifespan
Please see below for updates on agenda, call for abstracts, hotel information, continuing education credits, and more.
For bulk registration or purchase orders, please contact Giovanna Forno at [email protected] or (916) 414-9017.
*Note: The annual meeting of California local health department immunization coordinators will take place on Wednesday, April 10th. Information and agenda for that meeting will be separately to immunization coordinators.
Call for Abstracts
The California Immunization Coalition Summit Planning team is seeking abstract submissions for breakout sessions at CIC Summit on April 8-9. It’s easy to submit a short on-line abstract to share programs, practices, and lessons learned with other immunization advocates and providers. Presentations should be approximately 20 minutes long and should illustrate and support the following objectives:
- Specific Populations: Programs and interventions that are tailored to reach specific populations (e.g., educational settings, pharmacies, workplaces, geography, age, race/ethnicity, risk, etc.)
- Tools and Strategies: Development and implementation of effective tools, techniques and strategies to improve immunization rates (e.g., training, education, operations, outreach, vaccine storage and handling, etc.)
- State and Local Advocacy:Projects that support state and local advocacy on vaccine issues, or improve skills in program planning, policy development, and crafting and/or achieving passage of legislation
- Registries and IT Systems: How registries or other IT systems can be utilized to increase immunization rates
- Engaging Partners: Innovative approaches used by local immunization coalitions or advocacy groups to engage partners and/or promote immunizations
- Media: Creative methods using both social and traditional media to promote vaccination
- Clinical: Clinical updates regarding vaccines and vaccine-preventable diseases
- Other: Don’t feel limited to the categories above. Tell us what you are doing and how it worked.
CIC Immunization Champion Award:
Each year CIC awards the Natalie J. Smith Award to an individual or organization in California that has made an outstanding contribution in the immunization arena. Dr. Smith was Deputy Director of the National Immunization Program at the CDC; former Chief of the Immunization Branch, CA Dept. of Health Services (1994-2002); and a founder of the California Coalition for Childhood Immunizations, a precursor to the California Immunization Coalition.
The Ronald P. Bangasser, MD Immunization Leadership Award is presented at the California Immunization Coalition Summit to a practicing clinician who exemplifies the leadership, professionalism and commitment that Dr. Bangasser brought to his work in promoting immunizations. Dr. Bangasser served as Chair of the California Adult Immunization Coalition from 2003 to 2007 and served four years as a speaker for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention/American Medical Association National Flu Vaccine Summit.
The CIC Board of Directors designates a committee to review nominations and select the awardees(s). To view past recipients, please check out our Immunization Champions page.
Nominations are being accepted now!
Agenda, Hotel Information, Direction, Parking, etc.
CIC 2019 Summit – Coming soon!
2019 Immunization Coordinator’s Conference
Information on room rates and reservation instructions will be posted here 11/21/2018. Please stay tuned.
Driving Directions to the Mission Inn:
Google Maps or Waze it to 3649 Mission Inn Avenue, Riverside, CA 92501 or you can find driving directions here.
The Mission Inn operates the five-hundred (500) stall parking garage on 6th Street, located directly behind the hotel. (Please note: Parking rates are subject to change without notice.) Current parking rates are as follows:
- Registered Hotel Guests: Self-Parking is $17.00 per night
- Valet Parking is $23.00 per night
- Non-Registered Hotel Guests: Current posted rates apply for Self & Valet Parking
- Registered hotel guest parking rates include “in” and “out” privileges.
Our meeting venue is in the heart of charming Downtown Riverside. The Mission Inn features four restaurants and two lounges. Guests can enjoy local shops and restaurants within walking distance and the Mission inn Museum located in the Inn which promotes the cultural heritage of the Mission Inn. Permanent exhibits feature the history of the inn and its founders, and the museum offers changing exhibits and educational programs.
Dinner on Monday and Tuesday will be on your own, and there are many great options in the area. Be sure to allow enough time to network and enjoy refreshments at 1:00 pm on Monday, April 8th and continental breakfast Tuesday morning, starting at 7:45 AM. Our welcome session will begin promptly at 8:30 AM in the Parisian Ballroom.
If you’re on Twitter, follow us @ImmunizeCA and tweet about Summit activities using #CICSummit2019.
Safe travels. We look forward to seeing you in Riverside!
Continuing Education Credit:
Refunds or Cancellations:
Cancellations made prior to February 8, 2019 will be refunded, but will be charged a 10% processing fee. REFUNDS WILL NOT BE MADE AFTER THE POSTED DATE OR FOR NO-SHOWS. Cancellations needed to be made in writing by letter, fax, or email to [email protected] (no phone calls are accepted).
CIC Event Code of Conduct:
Past Summit Information:
Onward and Upward – 2018 Sacramento, CA
Delivering on the Promise of Vaccines – 2017 Riverside, CA
Celebrating Healthier Tomorrows – 2016 Sacramento, CA
Ready, Set, Vaccinate! – 2015 Riverside, California
Harnessing the Power of Community – 2014 Sacramento, California
Reaching Immunization Equity – 2013 Los Angeles, California
Immunizations A Lifetime Connection – 2011 Los Angeles, California
Preparing For Tomorrow – Taking Action Today – 2010 Sacramento, California
Strengthening Trust in Vaccines Emerging Issues and New Directions
Reaching New Audiences: Tweens and Teens
Expanding Our Horizons, Embracing Our Future
It’s Not Magic, It’s Immunizations!
Shots are Scary, Right? Addressing People’s Fears About Vaccines
Eliminating Health Disparities in Immunization Coverage for California