Vaccine Info – Children
One of the most important ways to protect our children from vaccine preventable diseases and promote childhood immunizations is to make sure that families and communities have access to timely and accurate information.
The California Immunization Coalition (CIC) provides the resources to help local immunization coalitions, local health departments, health care providers, interested parents and individuals to:
- Access up-to-date information and research-based conclusions about vaccines and vaccine recommendations, and current issues impacting immunization education
- Be aware of current recommendations for immunizations for infants and children
- Review the latest requirements for entrance to school, child care and family child care according to the California School Immunization Law
- See what’s in the news about childhood immunizations
- Look at some of the materials and educational interventions developed by immunization coalitions throughout California and the nation
- Review the latest
National Immunization Survey data on immunization coverage levels by state, region, antigen, and ethnicity/race.
- Link to nationally recognized and recommended resources, including selected websites, for more information.
- Immunization Action Coalition (IAC) http://www.immunize.org/
- Institutes of Medicine Reports http://www.iom.edu/
- National Network for Immunization Information (NNII) http://www.immunizationinfo.org/
- Allied Vaccine Group http://www.vaccine.org/
- Vaccine Education Center – Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- PKIDS – Parents of Kids with Infectious Diseases http://www.pkids.org/
- National Meningitis Foundation – http://www.nmaus.org/
- Every Child By Two http://www.ecbt.org/