Advocacy – IZ Budget Cut Information
Call to Action:
- Contact your local legislator and let them know how these cuts will impact their local immunization program and the communities they represent.
- Contact candidates running for office in your area. As a new legislators, they may be voting on a revised budget following the November election.
- Customize your messages based on what is going on in your community. Let them know or remind them about the pertussis epidemic in California, the high number of pertussis cases or deaths (if any) in your area along with any numbers on jobs that may be lost.
- Highlight any vaccine preventable disease outbreaks in your area, such as chickenpox, measles, and pertussis. Mention this is flu season and whether flu has started showing up in your community. Remind them about universal flu recommendations (6 months and older) and whether there will be sufficient staff to provide them to the community.
- Contact the Governor’s office with the same information above.
- Contact the media in your community. Copy them on any letters you send out to your local legislator.
Address letters to:
The Honorable Jerry Brown
Governor of California
State Capitol Building
Sacramento, CA 95814
Dear Governor Brown:
Or FAX to:
To find your representative go to http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/.