Annual Summit 2023
CIC held our virtual Immunization Conference on Wednesday June 8th from 8:30 am to 12:00 noon (PT). If you were not able to join us at the time, we hope you will view the conference on our YouTube channel and also share the recording and resources with your colleagues.
Our goal for the conference was to provide our network of immunization advocates, healthcare providers, and public health professionals with updates on vaccination rates across the lifespan and discuss relevant issues in California and beyond along with some proposed next steps for partnership and action.
Goals for our 2022 Virtual Conference — Boosting Community Trust in Vaccines included reconnecting with colleagues (virtually) and creating a forum to discuss:
- where we are at with overall immunization rates across the lifespan
- addressing new gaps in vaccination coverage
- identifying immunization programs and projects that were strengthened or stretched as a result of COVID-pandemic
- how to reframe the messages in support of public health and build confidence in public health interventions
To help ensure continued development of strategies to improve immunization rates across the lifespan we ended conference with request for partners to:
Make sure you are on our newsletter list and that you have ‘whitelisted’ us
Join a Committee – Advocacy, Emerging Issues, Education and Registry Committee
Consider a leadership role – if you have been active in the Coalition, let us know you have an interest in future leadership roles
Join your local immunization coalition – we have information on our website with contact information for the active local and regional coalitions that would love to partner with you.
Please contact us with any questions at email@example.com
Although we were not able to offer continuing credits for the June 8th the event, we hope to be back to our annual two day Summit and offer CME/CEU’s in the Spring of 2023.
Looking forward to meeting with you again soon – please join us!
For more information on the 2020 summit check out the 2020 Summit page.
The 2019 California Immunization Coalition Summit was held at the Riverside Convention Center and the Mission Inn in Riverside, California. The theme of the 2019 Summit was Today’s Vision, Tomorrow’s Reality and focused on utilizing our public health successes to engage with new partners, grow our Coalition network and educate and support our communities to make our collective vision for immunizations a reality for all Californians. For over twelve years, the CIC Summit has brought together partners and colleagues from throughout California and beyond to share ideas, highlight successes, and identify partnerships.
Goals for the 2019 Summit were:
- Provide support and technical assistance to enhance existing education, communication, and outreach efforts
- Share successful strategies and best practices to strengthen local and statewide advocacy efforts
- Review new recommendations, issues and trends in immunizations and vaccine-preventable diseases
- Disseminate innovative approaches to promote and deliver immunizations across the lifespan
CIC Immunization Leadership Awards:
The Ronald P. Bangasser, MD Immunization Leadership Award and the Natalie J. Smith, MD Immunization Champion Award is presented annually at the California Immunization Coalition Summit to a individuals who exemplifies the leadership, professionalism and commitment that these two amazing professionals brought to their work in promoting immunizations.
In 2019, the Ronald P. Bangasser, MD Immunization Leadership Award was presented to Mark Sawyer, MD, FAAP.