California Vaccine Card Information

Find Your Vaccine Record

Finding your (or your child’s) shot records can be a challenge because you may not know where to look.
The California Immunization Registry (CAIR) can help make this process much easier and more successful for you. See below for process to request a copy of your record if you think it might be in CAIR.

If your (or your child’s) records are not found in CAIR, here are a few hints where else you might look:
      •Physicians or medical groups that gave the immunizations.
      • Your local health department. Local offices began collecting records at various times, so the chances of finding older records are greater.
      • Schools the student attended in California. [Note: school records are often not accessible more than a year or two or after graduation]
      • Family records, such as a baby book.

**If you came from another State, you will want to consider contacting that State health department’s registry.

Immunization Record Release Authorization Form - California Immunization Registry

This online form allows patients/parents/guardians to request for a copy of a FULL immunization record from CAIR. In order for the record to be released, the requestor will need to upload a file containing a scanned driver’s license or other official picture ID and any other relevant documentation authorizing release of the requested record. Please have these files ready to upload as the form must be completed in a single session. Please note that there is no guarantee that the requested patient record will be found in CAIR.

For specific information about your county or region in California, contact your local health department’s Immunization Program. 
On a national level, the American Immunization Registry Association has links to work accomplished in the United States along with technical data.