California Immunization Coalition 2015 Summit
April 26-27, 2015 – Riverside, CA
Thanks to all our presenters, exhibitors and attendees. We hope everyone enjoyed the Summit. Presentations have been posted.
The three most colorful and popular fliers:
- Measles Alert flier (CDPH IMM-908)
- You Could Have Measles flier (CDPH IMM- 1050)
- Health Alert: You Could Have Been Exposed to Measles (CIC IMM-1089)
- For Spanish speakers: Casos y brotes de sarampión (Measles Cases and Outbreaks)
- For Spanish speakers: Las 4 cosas principales que deben saber los padres sobre el sarampión (Top 4 Things Parents Need to Know about Measles)
Flu Resources for Schools and Childcare Providers
Each year, an average of 20,000 children under the age of 5 are hospitalized because of flu-related complications. Influenza causes more hospitalizations among young children than any other vaccine-preventable disease. The single best way to protect against seasonal flu and its potential severe complications is for children to get a seasonal influenza vaccine each year. Flu vaccination is recommended for all children aged 6 months and older. Making healthy choices at school and at home can help prevent the flu and spreading flu to others.
Easier Navigation & Interactive Mapping at ShotsForSchool.org
CDPH has revamped its Shots for School website! Navigation is even easier: you can browse by grade level (Child Care, K-12, 7th grade, and now College!) for immunization requirements, tools for schools, and materials for parents and students. There’s also a laws section where you can find regulations, information about exemptions, as well as records, forms, and materials. One of the most helpful features is an interactive map showing CA school immunization rates – www.shotsforschool.org/lookup/
View and share personal stories of vaccine preventable diseases