Education Hour- Archive
Tuesday, December 11, 2018 – 12:00 noon PST
While vaccines to prevent Human Papillomavirus (HPV) infection have proven to be extremely effective both in protecting against HPV, as well as reducing the risk of cervical cancer caused by HPV strains, acceptance of this cancer-preventing vaccine has struggled to reach the same level of acceptance as other vaccines recommended at this age. Providers have a unique opportunity to address vaccine hesitancy and reinforce the decision to vaccinate.
- Understand the processes that help make vaccine acceptance the “default choice.”
- Understand the continuum of vaccine acceptance.
- Describe the main reasons for vaccine hesitancy.
- Learn a response strategy for addressing parental vaccine hesitancy.
Wednesday, April 4, 2018 – 12:00 noon PT
Click here to view on demand presentation.
Did you know that 1 in 3 adults will get shingles in their lifetime, but less than 30% of older adults get vaccinated? Join the California Immunization Coalition Education Hour to learn more about Herpes Zoster disease and epidemiology, new ACIP recommendations for vaccination, and messaging about the new Shingrix vaccine. Join us today at noon (PT) for updates on the new vaccine to protect those at risk for this disease.
Moderated by Meg Dorsey, RN, PHN
- Explain the clinical benefits and recommendations for administration of Shingrix, the new shingles vaccine
- Explain the differences between Shingrix and Zostavax vaccines
- Create and/or implement effective messaging to staff and patients on the benefits of the new shingles vaccine
Thursday, August 23rd, 2018 – 12:00 noon PST
- Describe the rationale for maternal immunization
- Outline current US maternal immunization recommendations for influenza and pertussis
- Explain the impact of maternal immunization on maternal and infant infection
- Discuss how vaccine uptake in pregnant women may be improved
- Identify resources for promoting and educating community and providers about importance of maternal vaccinations
Tuesday, December 5, 2017 – 12:00 noon PT
Our most webinar focused on the current Hepatitis A outbreaks in California and strategies for response and prevention.
- Describe Hepatitis A modes of transmission, morbidity and mortality
- Describe the unique characteristics of the current California outbreak
- Identify strategies that California counties have employed in response to this outbreak
- Identify strategies to increase Hep A vaccination
County of San Diego Health & Human Services Agency